“Nature in the Park” Photo Contest 2012
Presented by: The Southwest Missouri Camera Club in partnership with
The Friends of the Garden Butterfly Festival, July 21, 2012
Black River Imaging: www.blackriverimaging.com
Lawrence Photo: www.lawrencephotovideo.com
National Art Shop: www.nationalartshop.com
Southwest Missouri Camera Club: www.swmocameraclub.org
TCI Graphics: www.tcigraphics.com
There are two divisions for entries:
1. Color photo
2. Black & White photo
(If you submit a photo in each category the same photograph cannot be used.)
Optional Division for Youth–
1. 14 years and younger
2. One entry in either Black & White or Color
3. You may enter only one division.
Theme: “Nature in the Park”
1. Entries are due by June 30, 2012
2. Digital or film cameras may be used.
Additional requirements or rules for entries:
1. All photos must have been taken in the confines of the 114 acre Nathanael Greene Park, Close Memorial Park, or the Mizumoto Japanese Stroll Gardens, 2400 S. Scenic Ave, Springfield, MO 65807.
2. Only basic corrections are acceptable for digital images: (darken, lighten, crop, contrast, sharpen).
3. Your entry must be 8″ x 10″, mounted on 11″ x 14″ foam core with a black or white mat. (No frames please)
4. Your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, division (open division or optional division for 14 and under), must appear on the back of the entry. No identification should appear on the front of the entry.
5. Photos may show natural habitat, plant life, natural landscapes, wildlife or people interacting with nature during events and festivals. Photos are not restricted to a specific time of year.
6. If you include clearly identified people in your submission, you are responsible for obtaining the necessary publication releases from the individuals depicted, and must be able to provide copies of those releases to The Southwest Missouri Camera Club upon request.
7. All entries will be displayed at the Botanical Center (for at least one month) and Lawrence Photo will have a display of the winners. Selected winning photos will be published in GREENE MAGAZINE (George Freeman, Editor).
8. Winners will be announced at 9:00 a.m. at opening of the Butterfly Festival, July 21, 2012.
9. There will be no entry fee. Donations will be accepted with proceeds going to “Friends of the Garden Maintenance Fund”.
10. Entries will be accepted through June 30th at The Botanical Center gift shop or mailed to:
Nature in the Park Photo Competition
Springfield/Greene County Botanical Center
2400 S. Scenic Ave.
Springfield, MO. 65807
All Winners will receive a Family Membership to the Southwest Missouri Camera Club. See www.swmocameraclub.org for activities and meetings.
First place Color: $100 gift certificate to Black River Imaging
First place B&W: $100 gift certificate to Black River Imaging
2nd place Color: $50.00 gift certificate to Lawrence Photo
2nd place B&W: $50.00 gift certificate to Lawrence Photo
3rd place Color: $25.00 gift certificate from Mpix
3rd Place B&W: $25.00 gift certificate from Mpix
Optional Division for Youth– 14 years and younger:
First place: $50.00 cash Southwest Missouri Camera Club
2nd place: $25.00 cash Southwest Missouri Camera Club
3rd place: $15.00 cash Southwest Missouri Camera Club
Drawing– After the winners are announced there will be a drawing for all participants:
1. Mpix: Two (2) $25.00 gift certificates for printing and several coupons for free shipping.
2. National Art Shop: Two (2) $25 Gift Cards for purchasing anything in the store. All who enter the contest will receive a (20%-40%) off coupon for certain items in the store.
3. TCI Graphics: One (1) $25 Gift Certificate for printing.
For more information about Friends of the Garden visit: www.friendsofthegarden.org